Upgrading to Windows 11
In this video, we discuss the current timeline (as of January 2022) for Windows 10 support and upgrading to Windows 11. We walk through the process of checking eligibility and how to get the upgrade. See additional resources and information below the video.
- Windows 11 was released in October 2021
- Windows 10 will be supported until October 14, 2025 – more info
- Windows 11 specs, features, and computer requirements
- Download the PC Health Check app here
How to Upgrade to Windows 11 (from Windows 10)
- Open the Settings App and click the Download and install button for Windows 11. Please note that your option may look slightly different.
- Agree to the terms
- The download will begin.
- Allows some time for the download to complete.
- Windows 11 will then start to install.
- Your computer will restart several times during the upgrade process.
- Allow time for the install to complete.
- Once the upgrade has completed you will be back at the new Windows 11 lock screen which looks similar to the Windows 10 lock screen.